Category – Business
Reading time – 5 minutes
Talent is a peculiar thing. It is so abundant sometimes; that you see it everywhere. It is more accurate description of social media personas, we encounter daily.
With acceptability of self boasting as a new normal trend, we see people floating their talents on social media.
Talent has multiplied many folds. With no judge or critic, people produce things ( posts), using their talents and push it down the throats of other similarly talented people, in exchange of ever elusive likes and shares.
It’s like apes scratching each other. If Socrates or epictetus somehow visited instagram pages prevelent in present times, they would be bewildered to see infinite sea of talented people on the planet earth.
They might like to take a wordpress SEO tutorial, for their teachings to beat average blogger followership.
That was the idiotic babble at the start of the article.
Now let’s see few basic concepts, that help in keeping talented person afloat.
1. Practice till your subconscious accepts the skill and you could make an omlette, while doing that work.
2. Find a mentor. Yes that one person who dies lesser number of mistakes as compared to his younger self. And who wants you to be a success.
3. Get inspiration. If not enough steal ideas. But give credit to the original creator.
4. Learn both hard skills like plumbing and softskills like boardskating, writing etc.
5. Don’t try to label yourself as child prodigy, as most of them fail as they grow into the adulthood.
6. Learn from mistake. Don’t burn the toast each time. Also don’t burn the toaster.
7. Increase difficulty level during practice time. On field things will appear easier, if you have done more difficult things.
8. To learn a new move, exaggerate it like the helicopter shot of mahander Singh Dhoni.
9. Take notes and also remember to read them before throwing them into the trash.
10. Practice immediately after the performance. That is the time when muscles are hot and motivation engine is running.
11. Visualise your performance or better watch your performance video.
12. Keep you big hairy audacious goals secret from the world.
Motivationa – The talent code by Daniel Coyle